Salesforce Admin Training Week 6 (Version 1) – Data Import
Following on from Week 5. Another presentation by Keeva Brooks. Thank you.
EXAM TOPICS TO COVER
- Data import approach (including 15 or 18 character IDs)
- Soft and hard deletes
- Duplicate management
- Back ups
- Importing data options
- Data Import Wizard: The Salesforce Data Import Wizard was developed by Salesforce.com and is the simple tool for accounts, contacts, leads, solutions, and custom objects. It helps to prevent duplicate data from being loaded and load over multiple objects. It’s simple interface is also great for new users.
- Data loader and Dataloader io: The Databloader io has a clean and straightforward interface that makes it easy to import, export, and delete data. This third party tool allows you to schedule task and opportunity imports daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Excel Connector: XL Connect (licenced product). Force.com Excel Connector no longer works.
- Apex Data Loader: Import your data into the Salesforce objects is the Apex Data Loader. You can import, export, and delete an unlimited amount of data and information in Salesforce.
|Data Import Wizard||Data Loader|
|User Relevance||Admin, End Users||Admins|
|Data Processing Volume*||Up to 50,000||Up to 5 Millions|
|Object Supports||Few Standard & All Custom||All Standard & Custom|
|Export Delete||Not available||Available|
|APIs Used||NA||SOAP, Bulk Data|
|User Friendly Results||No||Success & Error File|
|Workflow Invocations||Yes||No Must turn off workflow in setup|
TOPICS & LINKS
Data Management Trailhead module – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/lex_implementation_data_management
Duplicate Management Trailhead module – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/sales_admin_duplicate_management
Import and Export with Data Management Tools Trailhead project – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/projects/import-and-export-with-data-management-tools
Data Loader.io https://dataloader.io/importing-data-salesforce
Data Loader training – https://www.apexhours.com/salesforce-data-loader/
Additional David Lui’s Pluralsight training course
FREE SALESFORCE CODING CLASS (virtual) this week from October 11-17, 2021!
Here’s how to join the FREE virtual on-demand course:
1. Register at https://lnkd.in/e7gkkQzj (no credit card required)
2. Watch my courses in this order:
a. Absolute Beginner’s Guide: https://lnkd.in/g2rXPAw
b. Fundamental Coding Techniques: https://lnkd.in/gbSegsN
c. The Power of SOQL: https://lnkd.in/gxzCZgV
d. (Optional) Knowing When to Code: https://lnkd.in/gmCdqEQ